Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My Review - Diary of Build A Niche Store From Ebay

5/31/07

It has been about 2 weeks and my two sites have seen very little traffic. Admittedly, I have not done very much to promote them. I do have one GPS article on Ezinesarticles.com pointing to one of the sites and I have a couple of Squidoo lenses pointing to them as well. I also submitted both sites to the PR4 and 5 sites using the directory submitter I spoke about in the last post. No real results so far however. Total Adsense and Ebay commissions around $7.00.

6/7/07

I have made about $51.00 now in Adsense and Ebay commissions for my two sites. My GPS site has about 35 incoming links and a someone signed up to Ebay through my store for which I got $25.00! Now I just need more of those - lots more. One thing I have noticed is that my banner ads are getting virtually no clicks at all. For my two sites I think I have over 1000 impressions with maybe 1 click. In response to that I have made my GPS site a two column site as I took out the right side ad column. I am hoping the viewer will be less distracted and now be immediately drawn to the Ebay items and click on them. We shall see as I will be watching

6/9/7

The new manual is out and what a difference between that and the first one! Wow. Lots of pictures and step by step instructions make this manual 10 times better than the first one. I would have saved so much time and confusion if I had this one when I tried to install my sites. Two more manuals are on the way (I hear one of them about how to get much needed traffic) so now is a great time to buy Build A Niche Store. One thing I have requested is that they put out instructions on how to get BANS into a Wordpress template. The templates that are provided with BANS are OK but not as nice as what can be done with Wordpress.

No comments: